Good Monday morning, friends! Today is a great day to blaze a trail to excellence. Don’t be deceived; it’s hard work. Blazing a trail means that you’re a pioneer. No human has gone before you to clear the way and make the path smooth. That job is yours alone, and it’s a lonely job, so get comfortable with yourself. Learn to love your own company.
Scripture tells us to be strong and courageous for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. This verse is very specific about being strong AND courageous — not one or the other.
This is my command–be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. ~Joshua 1:9
Probably the most important part of this command is that God has your back. Did we all just breathe a collective sigh of relief? I know I did. I also know that no matter how tough life gets, the Creator of heaven and Earth is right there with me.
Some believe that being strong is the opposite of being weak. Some even believe that you must always be strong despite the hardships you might endure. Think about it. When you lose someone you love, someone always tells you to be strong. Well, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean I can’t cry or lose my composure? Perhaps it means that I should keep it together in front of others and pretend that everything is alright.
- I think that being strong means that you hang on in there because troubles don’t last always.
- I think it means that you hang on in there because joy comes in the morning.
- I think it means hang on in there because there’s a season for everything.
- I think it means hang on in there because God is a very present help in times of trouble.
- Finally, I think it means hang on in there because God is the original Trailblazer — he goes before you.
Being strong AND courageous means hanging on in spite of your troubles and because of His promise.
Before you leave, take a few minutes to enjoy my Music Monday selection from Kierra Sheard entitled “Hang On.” Also, join our community of Trailblazers by clicking here. May blessings abound! <3
Perfect! This came at the right time for me. Thank you for sharing Sis! Blessings!
Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often.