Good Monday morning, friends! Welcome to the start of a new day that our precious Lord has made and the beginning of a new week filled with opportunities to get used by God. I hope you’re ready because it’s not all smooth sailing. I bet you’re up to the task though. Just remember to ask yourself these questions: Is God doing a new thing? Is he making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland? Whether you can answer these questions yet or not, you will soon perceive what he is doing and how he is transforming you. Are you ready? Let’s GEAUX!
FIVE Things to Expect During This New Season
- Expect to hear rumors or gossip about you! It definitely doesn’t feel good, but how you respond gives you an awareness of where you are. If you confront these folks and tell them to kick rocks, you still have a long way to go. Next steps? Prayer and reflection.
- Expect a new friendship or to find something in common with someone you didn’t expect to find anything in common with. Next steps? Prayer and reflection.
- Expect a few friends to go MIA (mission in action). It’s ok. All of your peeps aren’t meant to journey with you for a lifetime. Next steps? Learn to spend some time alone and to savor this time. That’s a great time to reconnect with God and to fill your cup with his goodness.
- Expect dead dreams to be resurrected. Sometimes your hopes and aspirations must take a back seat due to the myriad other responsibilities in your life. When they start to pop up again, know that it’s the Spirit speaking directly to you. Next steps?Take a gander at those old notebooks and journals, and bring those dreams to life.
- Expect to see your old life with new eyes. Things you once found entertaining won’t appeal to you anymore, and things you once found boring have suddenly piqued your interest. Next steps? Embrace the new and shed the old like a winter coat. God is doing something new. If you can’t put new wine into old wine skins, the new you can’t ever go back to your old ways without there being some discomfort.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~Romans 12:2
Have a wonderful week, and embrace what God is doing in your life. Before you leave today, please pump up the volume and enjoy my Music Monday selection by Francesca Battistelli entitled “This Is The Stuff.” May blessings abound! <3