Good Monday morning, Goal Setters and Go Getters! What’s your plan for becoming better this week? What’s that one thing that you know you need to work on as a long-range goal that you just haven’t set yet? We all have something stored in the back of our minds that we’re reluctant to tackle — whether it’s that spare bedroom that has turned into your junk room or that healthy lifestyle that you’ve longed for but can’t figure out how to start living. Well, I know from experience that nothing gets done if you don’t give it your attention.
Goal setting is a natural first step to getting better, and I trust that most of us want to become better — better spouses, better listeners, better servants. In order to become better, you have to follow a few simple steps:
- Make up your mind to actively change your proclivity to avoid change.
- Identify that thing that needs refining.
- Set a realistic, measurable goal, and define what success looks like.
- Use your Google or Outlook calendar to schedule appointments with yourself to tackle that goal.
- Chronicle your journey on social media. That’s one way to get accountability partners.
- Celebrate your successes — great and small.
As you embark on this journey to become better, take along a little sustenance for your spirit. May it sustain you for the week (if not a lifetime).
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. ~1 Corinthians 13:11
Before you leave, turn up the volume and enjoy my Music Monday selection entitled “Better” by The Showers family.