Two Are Better Than One has been nominated for a Liebster Award by Elizabeth Zertuche — author of Rinconez. Thanks for reading and helping me to grow my audience, Elizabeth.
The idea for the Liebster Award seems to come from the German Bird of a Paradise Blog.
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award,
by asking them 11 new questions or the same questions you were asked.
- Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
- And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
Here are 11 facts about Me:
- I love to sing.
- I can’t dance — trust me, I’m serious.
- There’s a piccolo in my car at all times–never know when it might come in handy.
- I have eaten eggs for breakfast nearly every day for 46 years.
- I collect and display African art pieces.
- I love classic R&B.
- My favorite foods are drenched in butter, started with a roux, or drizzled with sugar.
- I have always wanted to teach abroad.
- I’ve found that the cockpit of the F-117A is a pretty cool place to visit.
- Every time I get lost, I make a friend.
- My first book will probably be a devotional for teachers.
Here are the answers to the 11 questions asked of me:
- Who is your favorite author? David Baldacci
- What do you want readers to takeaway from your website or blog? I want my readers to realize that life is so much sweeter when we share our talents, abilities, and gifts (TAGs) with others.
- When you think of your childhood, what is your most vivid, happy memory? Spending time in my room reading, creating, and imagining a world of wonder as only a child can.
- Where do you go when you seek peace of mind and/or serenity? I often times take a walk through the woods with my dog. Other times, I go to my prayer room. I find answers there.
- Why do you like to write? Writing is cathartic. It also gives me wings to fly to different countries I may never visit, but my words have traveled their highways, coastlines, and marketplaces.
- Which do you prefer, books, movies, serial TV/streaming shows or audiobooks/podcasts? I prefer books. I never have to wait to see what happens next. If I want to rewind, I just turn back a page or two. I can take books anywhere, and I never need an internet connection. Finally, I can use my imagination to visualize the cast of characters.
- How do you make the time to write with all of life’s interruptions? I don’t write nearly as often as I’d like to, but I jot down ideas in my Little Book of Big Ideas (it’s literally called that). I do a little outlining sometimes, and then I draft a few pieces that I eventually publish on Sunday and Wednesday each week.
- Have you ever written a post, but decided to delete it or not post it? Oh my goodness! Yes! You should see my drafts. They need a little time to cure, and at some point, they’ll be ready to serve.
- Can you share one of your favorite quotes? I have many, but I saw this one yesterday: “It’s a whole lot easier to let the cat out of the bag than to put it back in.” Thanks, Roo (author of What’s Next.
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering to start a website or blog? Do it! Get a free one, and play around. Check out a few blogging websites or Starr Sackstein’s Blogging for Educators. I was in a chat with her on Twitter one night, and she mentioned her quick read on blogging. I read it and created my blog the next day.
- Is writing something you have done most of your life in one way or another or something new? I’ve always enjoyed writing, and I worked as an English teacher for many years, so I know a little bit about writing.
The NEW Winners of the Liebster Award ARE…
- What Sandra Thinks
- Backyard Learning
- Bligon’s Best
- Wandering Soul
- Tangerine Wallpaper
- Mimi’s World
- Psychochromatic Inception
- Drinkers With Writing Problems
- Bailey & Derek’s Daddy
- Pursuit of Life
Here are the questions for the Liebster Award Nominees:
- What are your blogging goals for 2016?
- What do you want readers to takeaway from your website or blog?
- When you think of your fondest memory, where were you, and what were you doing?
- Where do you get inspiration for your blog?
- Why do you like to write?
- If you could only use one word to describe your future, what would it be?
- How do you make the time to write with all of life’s interruptions?
- Have you ever written a post, but decided to delete it or not post it?
- Can you share one of your favorite quotes?
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering to start a website or blog?
- How do you connect with other bloggers in your niche?