When writing this blog, I was given a choice between Things I like, Things I’ve Learned, or Things I Wish — all very tempting, but I used the process of elimination. I immediately got rid of
Things I Wish. I don’t wish very often, but my prayers are fervent ones, and eventually they get answered. The other two choices are more telling. They offer some insight into what makes me smile or what I value, so I decided to combine the two.
Things I’ve Learned I Love
(limited to ten)
- Flip flops — If I could wear them year-round, I would, but my tootsies get cold.
- Get Aways (Long or short — it really doesn’t matter.)
- Quiet time
- My family — every single one!
- My small circle of trusted friends
- Broccoli — Don’t know how I managed to sleep on this one. That stuff is good!
- Snow Days – If you work in education or government, you get it.
- Comfort Foods (i.e. Gumbo, chili, sausage & potatoes, jambalaya, broccoli)
- The Elderly, Dogs, & Babies (in that order)
- Life – Consider the alternative.
I challenge everyone to create a list today of things you’ve learned you love. Share your thoughts here. I’d love to see them.